The story behind
Hi, my name is Nadja, and I started By Millin in 2019 after working as a designer in Milan and Paris.
In 2018 my life changed forever: my second son was born, and it was one of the most memorable days of my life. On this day, the nurse attached a beaded plastic name bracelet to his wrist, and he wore it for about a month. This bracelet became a tangible symbol of those special first weeks we spent together.
When he overgrew it and I had to cut it off, I thought about creating a similar, a more durable keepsake. I didn’t like the usual cheap plastic letter beads and I started to look for letter beads made of real pearls - pearls after all have been a symbol of love for centuries. I did some research, realized this kind of engraved letter pearls did not exist and decided to create them myself. As a busy new mom, it was hard to find the time, but the inspiration never left me. I found a way to engrave freshwater pearls, color them and slowly started creating the collection that would become By Millin.
Today I love to create exquisite pieces with gorgeous high-quality materials, jewelry to celebrate people and moments of meaning. I love pieces that hold a story of connection, that are a symbol of thought beyond the gift.
It's a beautiful thing to be a tiny part of your special memories and I seek to craft each piece with attention to detail and tons of love. Each piece of By Millin jewelry is carefully made in my Zurich, Switzerland studio. From here I proudly create personalized jewelry for women and girls all over the world
About the materials & sustainability
- Longevity is key to sustainability and in the spirit of “buy less, buy better” I consciously chose high quality materials to create my collection.
- All the pieces are designed & handmade in my Zurich studio to guarantee exquisite, durable jewelry.
- I only use recycled gold or COC-certified gold for By Millin jewelry. Also, all the chains are COC-certified, this certification maintains the highest human rights, social responsibility, and ecological standards. It also supports the Conflict-Free Gold Standard, meaning that no warring parties are supported. And while our jewelry should make its wearer happy for a very long time, if a piece has run its course, gold can be sold on and recycled at any time.
- All the natural materials, like pearls, are responsibly sourced, therefore I work only with trusted suppliers.
- By Millin jewelry cases are made of FSC certified cardboard and water-based glue and they are produced in Europe.
British Vogue, May 2022:
Tatler, June 2022
Annabelle, December 2022
Hand crafted with tons of love and care for detail.
We offer free worldwide shipping on all orders.
Each piece comes beautifully gift-wrapped complete with a bow.
Each pearl is carefully selected & engraved for you